Saturday 6 December 2014

My name is Sam McKenzie and I am a 3D mixed media visual Artist and keen traveller. www.sasmic.co.uk
I am launching a new project in 2015 which will involve converting a Luton van like this one below in to living and workshop space and travelling around Europe creating cataloguing and photgraphing my travels. 
The van will be completely off the grid hence the name of my blog: The Off-Grid Artist
Yeah I know, looks pretty ugle doesn't it?
However, over the coming months If i am successful with the crowdfunding This van will get a revamp and look something like this:

These images ar courtesy of http://www.house-box.biz
and  http://www.rusticcampers.co.uk/


I will be travelling Europe visiting places of histrical and spiritual significance, collecting a catalogue of findings, objects and experiences with which i will build a body of works.
Once my one year travel is complete I will be hosting an exhibition in Glasgow 2016. Entitled "WINDOWS OF THE WORLD"

I am really excited and working on the pitch for my Kickstarter Project as we speak.

I will keep  you up to date on news, reviews, activities and events along the way.
Please join me on this Epic Journey!
Thanks for reading

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment